Looking at you!
Bedbug hunting for blood.
See those facet eyes and two small red spots on it s head?
Bedbugs do not have eyelids and always see us. How can they miss us when we are the only thing that glows like ember from body heat like that? Bedbugs have thermal vision and in direct line of sight, bedbugs see us all the time and from any distance. Going to sleep in another room and hungry bedbugs will find where you are from your body heat which is visible to them all the time. All they have to do is look for the warm spot in the room. Feeding time!
Bedbugs do not have any smelling organ of any kind, no nose, no lungs, bedbugs breathe through their waxy shell.
Bedbugs do not smell odorless CO2, they see it as dark trails of smoke.
Why? because CO2 absorbs infrared and it becomes visible and dark for the creatures who possess infrared vision. Night vision, thermal vision and infrared viasion are three ways of naming the same thing. Bedbugs see in the night and are blinded by too much daylight., so bedbugs feed at night.
When they lose direct line of sight, they can still see CO2 and follow it to get to us and feed from our blood!
And bedbugs shun light, they always hide away from the light, in the darkest side or in the darkest corner. they always do that, that is why they are so hard to find.
“Bedbugs are very intelligent”
(quote from the Green Poison Pusher from London)
but because bedbugs get away from light as soon and as much as they can.
- All bedbugs seen during the day are red and round, half blinded by light and moving out of the bed from male bedbugs attacks. Those bedbugs do not bite, they are already full of blood. Squish one and you will see, they make a red streak and hungry unfed bedbugs do not.
The first bedbug out of nowhere.
Bedbugs can come and go and there is nothing to stop them. You can get bedbugs from anywhere and from anyone. “Hi, how are you doing… hmm, you got a bedbug on the leg of your pant. Just saying.”
Once you get home, the bedbug gets off its hitchhike and quickly find a place to hide.
- Bedbugs have night vision and are blinded by the light. They always go away from the light and on the darker side. At night, the bedbug ”sees“ the heat of its host, unmoving at last and travels on the floor all the way to the bed.
It climbs up on the bed towards the heat of our body and bites when it reaches exposed or bare skin.
- It gets a full meal then goes back to hide not to far in a seam, a fold or a corner of the mattress to come back for more in a few days after it has digested and laid its eggs.
They grow and multiply always close to their food, they use our bed as their nursery.
- When they scatter, they are impossible to find.
Leave them alone.
Bedbugs are a nightmare because of the way we react to them, but the insect itself does very little. They bite and hide, you rarely see them if at all, until they begin to scatter.
- Natural scattering occurs when the infestation matures, when the first eggs of the original bedbug turn near adults and the first aggressive males appear. Other bedbugs, adult females, nymph females and also male nymphs as well, start leaving the bed after traumatic insemination. Nymphs will hide to molt and female adults will lay eggs and then come back to feed.
Additional scattering is caused by our actions such as spraying poison and disturbing them out of the bed.
It is best to catch them when they are still all together in the bed.
———- The CO2 bedbug trap ———-
Where every gadget fails as a trap is in the lack of knowledge of the bedbug and only address one of its characteristics.
Any treatment and/or product will fail if they do not take care of all three of the followings:
bedbugs in the bed
bedbugs in the room
— Do not scatter bedbugs with :
- Intensive clean-ups. It is impossible to clean out bedbugs out of any place. You get rid of a few and scatter the others everywhere else in the room.
- Poison. Bedbugs are resistant to poison. Even the most potent poisons used by self-professed professionals does not kill all the bedbugs and “professionals” always wait until you have a full infestation.
The bedbug resistance keeps increasing and leads to pesticide escalation.
While they try different and sometimes illegal poisons (Propoxur), you are stuck with the bedbug nightmare.
Poison does not eradicate bedbugs, it spreads bedbugs and causes the actual infestation.
Every repellent scatters bedbugs.
Do not throw away the furniture
Sometimes when people can’t take it anymore, they get rid of the furniture to get rid of the bedbugs. It does not work, taking everything out but the kitchen sink will not get rid of the bedbugs in cracks and crevices of the apartment and will not take care of dormant bedbugs in hard to get places like behind closet shelves, light fixtures, thermostats, door trims, baseboards… etc. Nobody can find scattered dormant bedbugs, not even the best trained sniffing dogs can find all the bedbugs in a place.
Besides, we know where bedbugs are:
Stop the bedbug before it becomes an infestation
Bedbugs are simple insects and their behavior never changes, they are predictable. They respond to reflexes and basic instincts and it is what we use to trap them out and eliminate them.
Their weakness is hunger.
Take away their food and let bedbugs die in traps.
Basic information about the bedbug